Are uncomfortable feelings intuitive cues or something else in disguise? Fear? Anxiety? Self sabotage? How can you tell the difference?
What appears to be an intuitive impulse is often actually something else.
There. We said it. And why? Because this is something that can be SO confusing.
It usually goes like this: We feel uncomfortable about something. A new opportunity, situation, or decision we have to make. We feel excited at first, but then the enthusiasm starts giving way to doubts, second thoughts, or just an overall bad feeling.
Hmm… Must be my intuition telling me it’s not the right thing / time / choice / person / etc.
But is it?
On the surface, it seems as though you are picking up on intuitive cues – a feeling, gut reaction, hunch, dream, or maybe even a coincidence or some sort of “sign”. After all, this is the way intuition communicates, right?
And yes, this is true.
But not always.
Sometimes, “intuitive cues” are not your intuition at all.
That’s right. Instead, what seems to be our intuition can sometimes be a manifestation of underlying fears, anxieties, subconscious beliefs, or emotions. It can be a form of self sabotage or a way avoid something that scares us.
So, what can you do?
If you’re not sure if what you’re picking up on is truly your intuition, here’s a simple technique that you can try:
– Pick a quiet spot where you won’t be disturbed.
– Close your eyes and put your hands over your heart. Take five long, deep breaths. Focus your attention on your heart.
– Continue taking long, deep breaths until you feel yourself start to relax.
– If your mind starts drifting or thoughts pop up, gently bring your attention back to your breath.
– Focus your awareness on the situation that you would like more clarity on.
– Ask yourself: “Is this fear or intuition?”
– Notice the first answer that comes to mind.
– Next, ask: “What is really going on? What do these feelings really mean?”
– Notice what thoughts arise, as well as any physical sensations.
– How do you feel? Reflect on what comes up.
– What feels true to you?
The more you practice this technique, the easier it will get. The key is to train yourself to quiet your mind so you can hear your inner guidance.
Remember, the answers are all within…
You can find more tips on how to recognize intuition here.
Photo by: Lauren Rushing