There are times when our intuition seems to elude us. So close, yet just slightly out of reach. The most frustrating part is that although we know there is a well of wisdom within us, we just can’t seem to tap in to it.
“Listen to your heart”. “Trust your instincts”. Yes, you get it. But, as much as you try to tune in and hear it, sometimes you just can’t quite pick up a clear signal.
Not to worry, though. There are things that you can do about it.
Especially when we need it most, accessing our intuition can feel impossible. After all, we are already in a semi-confused state, unsure and uncertain, which is why we are seeking intuitive guidance in the first place!
In this state of confusion, we try looking within for answers, then just hear static. Intuition, are you there? Nope. Nothing.
Frustration and confusion begin to mount. Anxiety and impatience start to build. Then, before we know it, we are swept up in a whirlwind of thoughts and emotions as doubts, insecurities, and a general sense of uneasiness take over.
Yikes! Sound familiar?
Stop and take a moment
The next time you feel like your intuition is eluding you, stop and take a long, deep breath. In fact, take several!
The goal here is take a moment to quiet your mind and bring yourself into the present moment. There are many ways of doing this, but one of the easiest is to simply focus on the breath.
Just this one act alone can do wonders. However, you can also take things a step further…
Ask your inner wisdom for guidance
How? By becoming curious, then transforming that curiosity into specific questions regarding the topic you would like guidance on.
By asking questions, you make your intentions clear and pave the way for clarity and guidance to flow through.
How to use questions to tap into your intuition
Not sure how to ask your intuition for guidance? Here are some simple steps to help you use questions to tap into your intuition.
– Get comfortable, close your eyes, then take a few slow, deep breaths.
– Focus your attention on your breath as it goes in… and then out.
– Imagine all of the tension leaving your body with each exhalation.
– Continue doing this until you start to feel calm and relaxed.
– Next, think about an area of your life that you would like guidance or clarity on and form a question that could shed light on it.
Some examples of the types of questions you could ask:
- “What is really going on with _______?”
- “What do I need to know about _______?”
- “Why do I feel stuck / confused / blocked?”
- “How can I improve this situation?”
- “What is the best course of action to take regarding _______?”
- “Is there something that I am missing or not seeing? If so, what is it?”
– Be open to any impressions or answers that you receive.
– Notice how your body feels and any physical sensations, feelings, images, or thoughts that arise.
– Take notes and write down whatever comes to you. (If you have a journal, write it there.)
– Don’t censor your thoughts or process them with your rational mind. Just write down whatever comes up, without thinking about it.
– Even if things don’t seem to make sense or the answers feel incomplete, just write it all down anyway.
– If it feels right to do so, ask additional questions, one at a time.
– Although the answers you receive may be unclear in the moment, it will often make more sense in the future. So, it is a good practice to record and capture everything for future reference.
– It often helps to write down your question as well as the answers and impressions that come up. Everyone is different when it comes to how their intuition communicates, so play around with it and see what works best for you.
– If things still seem hazy and it doesn’t seem like any information or guidance is coming through, try not to let it frustrate you. Just make a note of it. When it seems like you aren’t getting anything, it may just mean that it’s not the right time for those answers to come just yet. Or, things could be processing in the background and guidance will come through later or in a different form than you expected.
Remember, the answers are all within you…
Above all else, remember that you do have the answers.
Although it isn’t always easy, do your best to have faith. Keep reminding yourself that guidance will come. It is coming..
Whenever you start to feel static and confusion creeping back in, go back to focusing on your breath.
Like in the beginning of the exercise above, take a moment to focus on your breathing and remind yourself that guidance IS coming… everything you need to know is within you and will be revealed in time.
We all go through periods when tapping into our intuition feels impossible. However, when we truly believe that the answers ARE, indeed, there, magic happens. We remain open instead of being swept up in confusion, making it easier for those intuitive cues to eventually come through. And they will!